Taco Rice Casserole
2 cups Riceland Long Grain Rice
2 pounds ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken
2 (1.25 oz) packages taco seasoning of choice
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
4 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground meat and drain.
- Add the taco seasoning, rice, black beans, chicken stock, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Liberally spray the inside of your crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Pour the rice mixture into the prepared crockpot.
- Stir once with a spoon to evenly distribute the rice.
- Cook on low for 3 hours until the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle the top evenly with cheese, and cook an addition 5-10 minutes just until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice.