1 cup of Riceland Extra Long Grain rice
6oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
1 cup purple onions, finely chopped
1 cup panko, breadcrumbs, or corn flakes crumbs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Boil water and cook rice according to instructions and set aside.
- Microwave broccoli florets according to instructions and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix rice, broccoli, onions, panko, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk eggs and add to mixing bowl, thoroughly mix until fully incorporated.
- Form mixture into 8 patties and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Cook patties for 10 minutes on each side until nicely browned and serve.