Brown Rice Breakfast Tacos
6 oz. chorizo sausage, fresh not cured
6 large eggs
3 cups Riceland Brown Rice, cooked (about 1 cup raw rice)
1 can refried beans
1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
12 corn tortillas
1- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- Cook brown rice according to the package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the fresh chorizo. Cook 4-5 minutes until browned and hot. Remove cooked sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- In the same skillet scramble the eggs until set. Stir in the cooked chorizo and the cooked brown rice.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the refried beans until heated through.
- In a clean skillet, heat the tortillas for about 30 seconds per side.
- To assemble the tacos smear each tortilla with refried beans, sprinkle on cheese and top with a large spoonful of the rice, egg and chorizo mixture. Top each taco with a few chopped green chilies and a spoonful of salsa.