Brown Rice Cantina Bowl
1 package fajita seasoning
¼ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
¼ cup water
2 chicken breasts
1 cup Riceland Natural Medium Grain Brown Rice
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 can red enchilada sauce, 10 ounce
½ cup black beans, drained
½ cup corn, drained
1 avocado, sliced or diced
4 tablespoons Pico de Gallo or salsa
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 lime, quartered
- Combine fajita seasoning with oil and water in a glass dish or large plastic bag. Add Chicken, turning to coat all sides. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 mins or longer.
- Replace the 2 cups of water and use 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 can of red enchilada sauce to cook the brown rice. Cook according to package directions.
- Grill the fajita marinated chicken breasts on grill or grill pan until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees with an instant read thermometer. Pull chicken from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken against the grain.
- Prep black beans, corn, avocado, and lime according to ingredient directions.
- Divide cooked enchilada flavored rice among 4 bowls. To each bowl add half of a breast of sliced chicken, 2 tablespoons black beans, 2 tablespoons corn, 1 quarter of sliced or diced avocado, 1 tablespoon Pico de Gallo or Salsa, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 lime quarter.
- Serve, eat, and enjoy!