Butter Pecan Surprise
1 3 5/8-ounce package instant butter pecan pudding & pie filling
2 cups milk
3 Tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cold cooked Riceland Plump & Tender Medium Grain Rice
- Combine pudding mix, milk, and 1 tablespoon of pecans.
- Mix well and chill until partially set.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the pudding mixture.
- Fold the rice into the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle the pudding with the remaining pecans and chill.
- Serve cold.
From Riceland's "Golden Fork Classics" cookbook