Cheesy Scrambled Egg & Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl
1 Riceland Premium Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
2 small avocados
½-teaspoon sea salt
¼-teaspoon black pepper
½-cup whole ricotta cheese
¼-cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
Salsa, as garnish
1. Add one quart of water to a medium saucepan and completely submerge rice. Bring water to a boil. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes.
2. While rice is boiling, chop tomatoes and avocados into bite-sized cubes and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, ¼-teaspoon salt and 1/8-teaspoon pepper.
4. Remove bag from water (using a fork or tongs) and drain. Cut open and empty cooked rice into drained saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, ¼-teaspoon salt, and 1/8-teaspoon pepper and stir. Turn off heat and cover.
5. Heat skillet on medium-high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add egg mixture to skillet and stir in ricotta cheese until fully incorporated. Scramble until dry. Turn off heat.
6. Mix avocados, tomatoes and brown rice with scrambled eggs. Spoon into bowls. Top with shredded cheese and salsa. Enjoy!