Chocolate Brown Rice Cookies
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked Riceland Natural Brown Rice, cooked and cooled
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, egg, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and stir until almost blended.
- Add the rice, white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Stir to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes until set around the edges, but still soft in the middle.
- Cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.