1/2 cup uncooked gluten-free orzo pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 chopped sweet onion
3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain White Rice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, on medium-high heat and not oil, toast gluten-free orzo pasta for 10 minutes until slightly browned and set orzo aside.
- Add olive oil and onions to skillet, cover and let saute until translucent approximately 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave onions in skillet.
- Cook orzo according to instructions on package, drain, and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to pot that orzo was cooked in and bring to a boil. Add rice to boiling broth. Cook and stir for approximately 20 minutes. Rice will absorb the broth.
- Add rice to skillet with onions and reheat on medium-high. Add orzo, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!