Creamy Coconut Curry Rice with Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 sweet onion, diced
1 can coconut milk (14 ounce)
2 teaspoon curry powder
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
1/4c minced fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 cup Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice
2 sweet potatoes
- Melt butter in soup pan on medium heat and sauté onions until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- While onion is cooking, mix the following in a medium-sized bowl: coconut milk, curry powder, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, chicken broth, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Add ingredients to pot with onions and bring to a bowl.
- Add Riceland Gold enriched parboiled long grain rice and cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cover.
- While rice mixture is cooking, peel and dice sweet potatoes and boil in second pot over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to rice mixture and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!