Creole Shrimp and Rice
1 (15 ounce) jar Mexican-style cheese sauce of choice
1 (10-1/2 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup OR cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning of choice
Seafood stock or chicken stock, to desired thickness
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1 cup Riceland Long Grain White Rice
Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Season shrimp with cajun seasoning.
- In a cast iron skillet, add butter and shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp until cook through, about 2 minutes.
- Combine cheese sauce, cream of shrimp and seasonings in a sauce pan and heat through.
- Add cooked shrimp to sauce.
- Pour over cooked rice.
- Serve hot.
2nd Place Side Dish Winner
2017 Riceland Rice Cook-Off