Dixie Sweet Potatoes
1 15-ounce can sweet potatoes in syrup
2 cups cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 large orange, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl empty the can of sweet potatoes and syrup.
- Roughly cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the cooked rice and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Layer the orange slices on top of the pecans.
- Sprinkle the orange slices evenly with the brown sugar.
- Pour the melted butter evenly on the brown sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes until browned on top; add water if the mixture seems dry.
- Serve warm.