Ground Beef Stroganoff over Riceland Rice
3 large shallots
8 ounce container of baby portabella mushrooms
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-pound ground sirloin
½ + ¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ + ¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup unsalted beef broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Riceland long grain rice
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chardonnay
- Slice shallots and mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat and added olive oil.
- Roll ground sirloin into small balls and drop in skillet. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and cover for five minutes. Remove cover and stir and cook another five minutes and remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan with beef broth and garlic and cover. Cook for twenty minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper, stir and turn off heat.
- Boil water in separate pot and add rice and boil for twenty minutes or until cooked, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat.
- Add meat back to skillet on medium heat and mix in flour and add in mushrooms and shallots until thoroughly reheated through and incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and chardonnay. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve over rice and finish with cheddar cheese.