Instant Pot Parmesan and Spring Vegetable Risotto
10-12 stems asparagus, sliced thin, tips reserved
1 cup fresh peas
2 1/2 Tablespoons Riceland Rice Bran Oil, plus 1 Tablespoon
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups Riceland’s Plump and Tender Medium Grain White Rice
4 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4-1/2 cup dry white wine, optional (substitute more broth)
3 Tablespoons (or more) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
Shaved Parmesan, as garnish
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boiling. Add asparagus stems, reserving tips. Blanch 2-3 minutes just until softened.
- Immediately strain asparagus and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Repeat this blanching procedure with the peas.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat asparagus tips with 1 Tablespoon Riceland Rice Bran Oil and roast on a baking sheet for 5-8 minutes just until tender.
- Remove tips from oven; set aside to cool.
- In an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, press SAUTE´; add Riceland Rice Bran Oil and heat.
- Add in shallot and sauté until just tender; add in minced garlic, cooking for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add in Riceland’s Plump and Tender Medium Grain Rice and stir 1-2 minutes to toast.
- Add in stock, butter and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Turn the Instant Pot off; secure lid in place; seal and set time to pressure cook for 7 minutes.
- After time has lapsed, vent the pressure cooker to release the pressure.
- Open the lid and stir well.
- Turn the heat to SIMMER. Add in blanched asparagus stems and peas, Cook uncovered, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes until vegetables are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and wine; stir well to combine. Stir frequently until wine is absorbed, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve garnished with asparagus tips and shaved Parmesan