Italian-Style Sausage and Rice Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
1 Riceland Enriched Long Grain Rice Premium Boil-In-Bag White Rice
6 vine-ripened tomatoes
¼ pound of Italian-style seasoned ground turkey or pre-cooked refrigerated seasoned turkey sausage
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pesto
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Precook Riceland Boil-In-Bag rice according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees. Grease small baking dish or similar ovenproof baking dish the size of six tomatoes.
- Cut off top of tomatoes and scoop out insides. A grapefruit spoon with serrated edges works well, otherwise use a serrated knife and spoon to scoop. Save scooped out insides for another dish, you will not be using it for this recipe. Add tomatoes to the greased baking dish.
- Brown turkey in skillet on medium-high heat with 1-tablespoon olive oil. Sauté until browned, approximately 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl add remaining ingredients and stir. Add turkey and cooked rice and stir.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture and drizzles with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!