Lime Scented Salmon with Coconut Rice and Broccoli
3 cups vegetable broth or water
3 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
6 tsp. coarse Kosher salt, divided
3/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper, divided
1 1/2 cups Riceland Jasmine Rice
1/2 (14 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
2 tsp. lime zest
4 salmon fillets (about 8 oz. each)
1-2 limes, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
1 TBSP butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat, bring the vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a boil. Stir in the rice, and let the water return to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the coconut milk and lime zest. Set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the salmon. Place the salmon fillets on an oiled cooling rack placed on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining butter, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Rub this mixture evenly over each piece of salmon. Place 2-3 slices of lime on each piece of salmon. Place the salmon in the over, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- While the salmon bakes, bring a medium pot of water and the remaining salt to a boil over high heat. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, place the broccoli in the pot and let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and place butter on the broccoli to melt. Top with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, place a scoop of rice on the plate. Place a few broccoli florets on the plate and top with salmon. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, and enjoy.