Loaded Taco Bowls
1 cup cooked Riceland Boil-in-Bag Brown Rice
1 Tablespoon Riceland Rice Bran Oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
2-4 teaspoons prepared taco seasoning, divided use
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
1 rotisserie chicken breast, skinned and cubed
1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
2 Tablespoons roasted and salted pepitas
1/4 cup Mexican Crema Sour Cream*
Sliced fresh jalapeño or Serrano
Thinly sliced green onion stems
Salsa or pico de gallo
Shredded Mexican Fiesta Cheese Blend, if desired.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside 1 cup and store remainder for later use.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook white parts of green onions, garlic, bell pepper and red onion until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in corn, 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, black pepper, salt and cumin and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in black beans, cubed chicken, tomatoes. Mix 2 teaspoons taco seasoning with 1/3 cup water. Pour over chicken mixture and warm thoroughly. Remove from heat. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle cilantro over all and dollop with Mexican Crema Sour Cream.
- Garnish with green onions, tomatoes, pepitas and jalapeño slices as desired.
- Serve with lime wedges, taco sauce, salsa or pico de gallo and shredded cheese, if desired.
Note: If desired, stir 1/2 - 1 teaspoon taco seasoning into the crema.