Maple Dijon Sprouted Brown Rice
1 cup Riceland Brown Rice
3 cups filtered water
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped pistachios
- In a large jar or container fitted with a lid, pour the dry rice and 3 cups of filtered water inside.
- Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for about 24 hours; the water will be cloudy from the starch.
- Drain and rinse the rice (tap water is fine).
- Combine the rinsed rice, olive oil and 2 cups of stock in a small pot fitted with a lid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 35-40 minutes until all of the stock is absorbed.
- Add the dried cherries on top, cover again, remove from the heat, and allow to steam for about 5 minutes.
- While the rice is resting, stir together the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of the hot rice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios right before serving.