Mexican Brown Rice and Black Bean Salad
2 cups frozen corn, cooked and drained
1 cup cooked Riceland Natural Brown Rice
2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small jalapeno, diced
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
3 tablespoons Riceland Rice Bran Oil
Juice of one lime
1 teaspoon cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Cook corn according to package directions.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Mix corn, brown rice, beans, red bell pepper, jalapeno and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the rice bran oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Fold dressing into the other ingredients, and top with crumbled cheese.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.