Mexican Rice-Stuffed Chicken Rolls
1 bag Riceland Enriched Long Grain Rice Premium Boil-in-Bag White Rice
1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ sweet onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup chicken broth
1 small carrot, minced
1/4th cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/4th teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon sea salt
1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup ricotta cheese
1 egg – separate yolk from white
4 boneless chicken breasts, cutlet into 12-14 pieces.
1/3rd cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook Riceland Enriched Long Grain Rice Premium Boil-in-Bag White Rice according to directions. Drain bag and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté for five minutes.
- Switch heat to low. Add broth, carrot, tomato sauce, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for five minutes. Turn off heat. Reserve 1/4th cup of sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add rice to sauce in saucepan along with ricotta cheese and egg yolk. Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon ricotta mixture onto each chicken cutlet and roll. Place in greased oven-safe cooking dish.
- Dip each chicken roll in egg white and in breadcrumbs.
- nce all chicken rolls are dipped in breadcrumbs, spoon remaining sauce over them. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy!