Mexican Street Corn and Rice Skillet
5 ears fresh corn, husks removed and kernels cut off cob (4-5 cups)
2 tablespoons Riceland oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
2 cups water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt, add more to taste
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
Zest and juice of one lime
¾ cup crumbled Queso Fresco
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the corn and cook for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and rice. Cook and stir until the rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in water, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stir and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Let simmer for 15 mins or until rice is fully cooked. Remove from heat and add mayo, sour cream and lime. Mix until well combined.
- Top with Queso Fresco and cilantro. Eat and Enjoy.