Perfect Gluten Free Brown Rice Pancakes
2 cups cooked Riceland Brown Rice, cooled
1 cup milk
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup tapioca OR corn starch
2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the coconut flour in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then whisk in the coconut flour.
- When the griddle is hot, gently grease it with butter or coconut oil and then pour the batter about 1/4-cup at a time onto the griddle.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side; this may seem a little longer than normal, but the internal texture will be too chewy if you don’t.
- When the outside of the pancakes are golden and crisp, remove from the griddle and repeat.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.