¬Ω-cup milk (whole, almond, rice, or cashew)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
¬º-teaspoon sea salt
Fresh berries, optional
1. Add one quart of water to a medium saucepan and completely submerge rice. Bring water to a boil and boil uncovered for 10 minutes.
2. Remove bag from water using fork or tongs and set aside. Reserve ¬º-cup of water from saucepan and pour out the remainder.
3. Add milk to water in saucepan and bring to simmer.
4. Cut open bag of rice and empty contents into saucepan. Add salt and stir.
5. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
6. Pour porridge into bowls and top with brown sugar, butter, and berries. If you prefer the porridge a bit creamier, add milk as desired. Serve and enjoy!