1 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1 sweet onion
2 tablespoons butter
pinch of saffron threads
1 pound of carrots, peeled and sliced on diagonal
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 ½ cup whole milk
6-ounce cream cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 pound chicken breasts or tenders
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Boil water and add rice and cook until al dente, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Slice onion and add to Dutch oven on medium-high heat with butter. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Add saffron and jalapeno, stir and re-cover pot.
4. Drain rice and put in pot with onions and add carrots. Stir thoroughly and turn off heat.
5. Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees.
6. In a small pot, add milk and cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted over medium heat. Add mustard and curry powder. Stir and turn off heat.
7. Pour cheese mixture over rice and add chicken. Mix thoroughly with salt and pepper.
8. Bake for 1 hour and remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!