Rice & Black-Eyed Pea Salad
1 (10-ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped green onions/scallions
2 cups cooked Riceland Gold Parboiled Rice
6 slices turkey bacon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2-3 Tbsp. bacon drippings
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimentos
- Prepare peas according to package directions and drain well.
- Combine peas with next 3 ingredients; cover and chill 3 hours.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until tender-crisp.
- Add cauliflower, green onions and rice to peas.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, and salt in saucepan and cook over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour over pea/rice mixture.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with pimentos.