Riceland's Vegetable Dip
2 cups cooked Riceland Gold or Extra Long Grain Rice, cooled to room temperature
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 16-ounce container sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 cups shredded mixed cheese (Colby, Jack or Mexican)
Splash of Tabasco, optional
Crackers, chips or crudités
- Prepare rice according to package directions. When rice has completed cooking, remove lid and place a clean kitchen towel over pan. Replace lid. Allow rice to cool to room temperature.
- Squeeze thawed rice first by hand, then place it in a clean kitchen towel. Twist tightly to squeeze out all excess liquid; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vegetable recipe mix, water chestnuts, green onions and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Add in drained spinach and cooled rice. Stir well.
- If desired, stir in a splash of Tabasco.
- Allow dip to chill thoroughly in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.