Sausage Rice Muffins
1 pound breakfast sausage
1 11.5-ounce package Mexican or chipotle cornbread mix
2/3 cup milk
2 whole eggs
2 cups cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1 14.75-ounce can cream-style corn
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat, taking care to crumble it well.
- Let the sausage cool while mixing the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and cream-style corn.
- Stir in the rice, cheese, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fold in the cornbread mix until just combined.
- Fold in the crumbled sausage until just combined.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups; aluminum cups work best for these muffins. If using paper muffin cups, spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling up to the top.
- Alternately, spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray and pour the batter in, and smooth the top.
- Bake at 350: 30-35 minutes for the muffins, 40-50 minutes for a 9- x 13-inch pan.