Scallop Fried Rice
3-4 cups Riceland Jasmine rice, cooked and cooled overnight
3 tablespoons XO Sauce, store bought or homemade
1/2 pound shrimps
1/2 pound scallops, rinsed and patted dry
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon truffle butter
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops in a skillet on a single layer and cook, flipping once until golden brown and translucent in the center. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pre-cooked rice according to the instructions on the package, XO sauce, and fish sauce, breaking up clumps with a wooden spatula as you go along and tossing it with oil. Cook, stirring constantly until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper. Toss for 30 seconds and add then add in scallions, shrimp, and scallops.
Recipe and images courtesy of ‘Simply Healthyish Recipes’