Single Serving Broccoli Cheese Brown Rice Cake
¼ cup cooked Riceland Whole Grain Natural Brown Rice (white rice works well too)
1 whole egg
½ cup finely chopped steamed broccoli
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease the pan as desired with butter, ghee, coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- Spoon the mixture into a circle and press into a cake about ¾ inch in thickness.
- Allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side until golden brown.
- Carefully flip the cake and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the second side, making sure it’s browned and cooked through.
- Enjoy hot.