Spicy Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers
6 medium bell peppers
1 pound hot sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (8 ounce can) tomato sauce
¼ teaspoon oregano
2 cups cooked Riceland Long Grain Rice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove the top. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. Chop the edible part of pepper tops and set aside. Place peppers in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat slightly and lightly boil for 6 mins. Remove peppers from water and drain.
- Brown sausage, chopped peppers, and onions in a large skillet until sausage is almost done. Add garlic and finish cooking.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Add cooked rice and shredded cheese; stir until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the peppers loosely with the sausage and rice mixture and place in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish.
- Bake the peppers for 10 to 15 minutes to warm through and melt the cheese.
- Eat and Enjoy.