3 cups Riceland sushi rice, cooked‚Ä®
2 teaspoons coriander seeds, dried‚Ä®
1 teaspoon black peppercorns‚Ä®
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds‚Ä®
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt‚Ä®
1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
‚Ä®1, 8-ounce beef filet‚Ä®
1 lime, juiced‚Ä®
1 tablespoon soy sauce‚Ä®
1 teaspoon sesame oil‚Ä®
1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced‚Ä®
1 small serrano chili, finely sliced‚Ä®
1/4 cup pickled ginger
‚Ä®1/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced‚Ä®
1/4 English cucumber‚Ä®
1/2 cup microgreens
- Prepare sushi rice according to package directions. Set side.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coriander seeds, peppercorns, sesame seeds and salt. Cook until the coriander seeds start to pop and the sesame seeds are toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Grind the spices in a spice grinder or pestle and mortar. Mix in cilantro. Take the beef filet and roll it into the spice mixture so it is evenly coated, set aside.
- Heat the pan over high heat, add the beef filet and cook for 8-10 minutes turning once halfway through or until brown and slightly crisp on all sides. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine lime juice and zest, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, salt, ginger and chili in a small bowl.
- Pack rice into a rectangular mold and remove. Layer with pickled ginger, cucumber and radishes and top with sliced beef.
- Carefully slice and garnish with green onions, ginger, microgreens and chili if desired. Serve!