Steak and Sushi Bites
3 cups Riceland sushi rice, cooked
2 teaspoons coriander seeds, dried
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
1, 8-ounce beef filet
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 small serrano chili, finely sliced
1/4 cup pickled ginger
1/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 English cucumber
1/2 cup microgreens
- Prepare sushi rice according to package directions. Set side.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coriander seeds, peppercorns, sesame seeds and salt. Cook until the coriander seeds start to pop and the sesame seeds are toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Grind the spices in a spice grinder or pestle and mortar. Mix in cilantro. Take the beef filet and roll it into the spice mixture so it is evenly coated, set aside.
- Heat the pan over high heat, add the beef filet and cook for 8-10 minutes turning once halfway through or until brown and slightly crisp on all sides. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine lime juice and zest, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, salt, ginger and chili in a small bowl.
- Pack rice into a rectangular mold and remove. Layer with pickled ginger, cucumber and radishes and top with sliced beef.
- Carefully slice and garnish with green onions, ginger, microgreens and chili if desired. Serve!