Thai Chicken Rice Bowls
1 bag Riceland Premium Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup carrot chips
1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
1 cup yellow and red bell pepper strips
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon Thai roasted red chili paste
2 Tablespoons sorghum syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 1/2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Mirin
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 pound chicken breast, cubed (can use leftover or deli chicken if available)
1/2 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts
2 green onions, green parts only, sliced, as garnish
Toasted sesame seeds as garnish
chopped cilantro as garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
Additional soy sauce as desired
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions. Reserve water when cooking is completed. Set cooked rice aside.
- Return rice cooking water to a boil. One bunch at a time, blanch vegetables for 1 -2 minutes each. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare sauce. Combine soy sauce, chili sauce, chili paste, sorghum syrup, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, Mirin, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, fresh ginger, cumin and minced garlic. Stir in the red pepper flakes for extra heat if you prefer. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown, 2 -3 minutes. If using fresh chicken, you will need to cook the chicken until done.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir well to combine. Reduce heat and stir in cooked rice. Remove from heat.
- Divide rice and chicken into four bowls. Stir in peanuts.
- Divide vegetables evenly among the bowls and garnish each with green onions, toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro as you prefer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.