2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
¬Ω cup frozen okra, thawed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¬º teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
5 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 sliced shallot
2 cups unsalted beef broth
¬Ω cup Riceland medium grain brown rice
14.4 ounce frozen cauliflower
¬Ω cup water
2 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Wedge or similar soft cheese
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2 cups (handfuls) of baby spinach
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to Roast 375 degrees.
- Boil water in medium-size soup pan and add sweet potatoes for thirty-minutes or until knife slides in easily.
- Prepare sheet pan with parchment paper. When potatoes are ready, add to parchment and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, ¬º teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and roast for thirty-minutes.
- Add mushrooms and shallots with 1 tablespoon olive oil in soup pan used for sweet potatoes and saut√© over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add broth and rice and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally for thirty-minutes.
- While rice is boiling, add cauliflower to separate pan with ¬Ω cup water and cook on medium-low heat for thirty minutes. Check water levels and add extra as necessary. Add cheese and butter and mash. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Add okra to plastic quart bag with flour and shake. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet over medium-high heat and add okra. Cook until browned and add salt and pepper to taste along with Cajun seasoning. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add spinach to skillet with 1 tablespoon butter, coriander, and cumin and cook until wilted, approximately two minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Crack two eggs to skillet, cooking to your preference and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Assemble your ultimate brown rice grain bowl: mashed cauliflower, brown rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, fried egg, and okra.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!