From Our Farmers' Kitchens
Hearty Stir-Fried Rice
Yum! This stir-fry recipe comes from Pamela Fisher, former Miss Arkansas Rice and part of our Riceland family farmers. It’s a delicious way to use up leftover rice, too!
- 1 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 2 cups cubed ham or other protein
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Cook rice in water with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt added. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Chill.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok or skillet, scramble eggs and then remove to a separate bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to wok or skillet. Add cooked rice. Stir and toss until rice is evenly heated. Add peas and ham. Add soy sauce and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Continue stirring until rice is evenly browned. Add scrambled eggs; toss until hot. Garnish with green onions, then serve.
Mushroom Rice Bake
This Mushroom Rice Bake comes to us from Shannon Haig wood, part of our family of Riceland farmers. It’s a comforting dish meant for feeding friends and family.
- 1 cup Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir together rice, garlic and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Place chopped mushrooms evenly over the top. Pour beef consommé and French onion soup over dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, garnish with parsley and serve!