From Our Farmers' Kitchens
Yum! This stir-fry recipe comes from Pamela Fisher, former Miss Arkansas Rice and part of our Riceland family farmers. It’s a delicious way to use up leftover rice, too!
- 1 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 2 cups cubed ham or other protein
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Cook rice in water with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt added. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Chill.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok or skillet, scramble eggs and then remove to a separate bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to wok or skillet. Add cooked rice. Stir and toss until rice is evenly heated. Add peas and ham. Add soy sauce and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Continue stirring until rice is evenly browned. Add scrambled eggs; toss until hot. Garnish with green onions, then serve.
Mushroom Rice Bake
This Mushroom Rice Bake comes to us from Shannon Haigwood, part of our family of Riceland farmers. It’s a comforting dish meant for feeding friends and family.
- 1 cup Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir together rice, garlic and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Place chopped mushrooms evenly over the top. Pour beef consommé and French onion soup over dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, garnish with parsley and serve!